TWI & KATA Simulation
This 1-day globally recognized simulation will illustrate the interaction between the TWI and KATA programs in a realistic, fun and playful way. The day is filled with epiphanies and fun exercises. You will learn from one of Scandinavia's most experienced KATA Master Trainers, who has received training in the United States, carried out major KATA projects and translated the Toyota KATA book in close collaboration with Mike Rother.
The aim of the day is to teach and practice Improvement KATA, Coaching KATA, and how they interact with the TWI programs. You will be trained in the use of it and how you can use the method in your organization to create an improvement culture consisting of competence, common language and a short learning cycle. This ensures continued good development in your Lean work. You will also get an insight into what is essentially required to organize you for a possible KATA launch.
Several companies add KATA coaching after working with some of the TWI programs for some time. This will help getting you from the pilot project to daily use. By using Coaching KATA, you will set goals and try to achieve them. During this process, there will be obstacles that can be overcome by the TWI programs - for example:
- Variation in the execution of the work. Here, TWI Job Instruction may be used.
- If the process is difficult to perform or takes too long, TWI Job Methods may be used.
- If the process is unsafe to perform, the use of TWI Job Safety may come in handy.
- If there is resistance to change, TWI Job Relations may be used - to overcome the obstacle.
The day will consist of:
- Theory and practice in Improvement KATA, Coaching KATA and the integration with the TWI programs.
- Participation in a practical and fun simulation of a production flow, with endless opportunities to experiment and thus practice KATA Coaching.
- The opportunity to experience being a learner and a coach in an organization.
- Experiencing the connection between the company vision and daily learning.
Sample images from a previous course with the TWI and KATA simulation, at the TWI & KATA Summit Europe 2016 in Hamburg, Germany.
Mere viden om KATA?
Kontakt Joakim Bjurström for yderligere information omkring vores KATA program
Joakim Bjurström har oversat Toyota KATA bogen til svensk, i tæt samarbejde med Mike Rother.
Hvis du gerne vil læse mere omkring vores egne bøger og dem vi anbefaler, vil et kig på bpt.dk videnscenter være godt.